The first raincoat I made her turned out pretty well, but I discovered after using it that making the body out of lycra was not a great idea. It kept her chest from getting muddy, but the lycra isn’t water resistant, so it would get soaked, and her chest would get wet. I decided that she needed a more water repellant fabric against her torso, so I got some exoskin. It’s rubbery on one side and fleecy on the other, and it’s made for water sports. It is kind of thick stuff, so it isn’t the easiest material with which to work. Also, it doesn’t allow full range of motion, so it kind of impedes Deedle’s gait (it would have helped if I had gotten the placement of the leg holes on target). Still, it does keep her chest dry and warm! I ordered the exoskin and the orange Goretex from Rose City Textiles. Super fast service!
By the way, after I took the photos, I fixed the gap in the neck by adding darts.