I apologize for being so remiss in my blogging lately. We have a houseful right now, so we have been on the go! So, here are some random things:
– I made more ice cream! I made a batch of vanilla ice cream that contains no eggs and requires no cooking. Less work for me! I also made some peanut butter ice cream:
– My mother-in-law brought me some Japanese gooey treats:
– We took our houseful out along the Columbia River scenic highway today. We decided it’d be a good idea to stop at Bridal Veil Falls and take the 2/3 mile roundtrip walk.
– Speaking of Peter’s dad, here he is along with Peter after our lunch at Skamania Lodge:
– I hinted at “big news” a while back. I might be able to annouce said news this week.
– The cake we had the other day (the one from Bakery Bar) was poppy seed with citrus curd filling and buttercream frosting. It was delicious, and yes, it was a birthday cake. Thanks for the well wishes!
looking forward to the big news.
totally dying to make some pb ice cream AND drooling thinking about citrus curd and buttercream. aaaaaaah.
ages ago my husband bought me an ice cream maker for Christmas, which was really a very cool gift that unfortunately has sat on top of the refrigerator for too long a time. Your recipes are inspiring me to actually use it and make him realize his gift was appreciated.
isn’t peter supposed to look a lot younger than him? 🙂 ah ha ha ha ha just getting him back for all the nasty dress comments!
i think i may have just realized what the big news is! 😉
I’m hoping the big news is what I’m thinking it is.
Is it? 🙂
Glad you like the PB icecream recipe. My husband adapted it from the recipe that came with our icecream machine. I actually don’t like peanut butter, but I do love this icecream. It must be PB texture that I don’t like, because I enjoy PB in many other things like satay sauce, cookies, ice cream, etc.
happy bday!! been dying to try bakery bar (by omsi?) for a few months now. the cake is absolutely gorgeous. anyway– just wondering if you know of any good places on the eastside for sewing classes. any info would help. thanks!
Happy, happy birthday!
What a coincidence! The Mister and I went out to Bridal Veil Sunday. I wanted to climb on the large rock at the base of the falls but was deterred by the steep, silty path.
What are the origins of Skamania’s town name? I kept imagining ska-punk kids with baggy pants and wallet chains stomping around.
Happy Belated Birthday!
Thanks for the link to the peanut butter ice cream recipe. It sounds delicious!
Happy (belated) birthday! I’m trying to guess what the “big” news is…
re: your earlier post. my SIL just brought me 4 packs of dark chocolate tim tams from australia. so happy.
mmm…peanut butter ice cream…yum! i bet it would be really good with peanut butter cups in it too! must try that sometime…
recipe for japanese gooey treats…
just a random passerbyer… im sure this recipe can be modified.