And another green dress, this one known as the milkmaiden dress, has been completed!
– I had to take in a couple inches on each of the sleeves because the bodice was hanging a bit low. This led to poofier sleeves, but I guess I can smash them down with my hands.
– This was my very first invisible zipper installation. Now, I’ve been sewing for about three decades now, yet I have never put in an invisible zipper. It was a bit of a nightmare. I got a special invisible zipper foot for my machine, but instead of gliding effortlessly over my invisible zipper, it slid over the coil and made me sew the coils down. Oops. I had to use my regular zipper foot, which seemed to work okay, but then I couldn’t figure out how to sew the top and bottom seams down without it being weird.
– Here are Peter’s comments about the dress, in chronological order:
1. “Is that a nightgown?”
2. “Are you going to wear that around?”
3. “It has an Elizabethan style to it. You’d fit right in at the renaissance faire.”
4. “You want me to be honest, don’t you?”
Tune in tomorrow for another installment of the green series!